An open mind is all you need.
Part of the beauty of floating is that no two experiences are ever the same. No two people will have the same experience, and for every person, each session is in most ways unique.
Whether it’s your first or your fiftieth session, coming with an open mind will serve you the best. If you are new to floating, here are some additional guidelines to ensure you have a great experience.
- Your first visit includes a brief tour and orientation of the facility, so please arrive 15 minutes ahead of your scheduled appointment.
- Please wait 48 hours after spray tanning or applying hair dye to float. Floating will not harm color-treated hair but the chemicals may contaminate the water.
- Please avoid wearing strong fragrances prior to your float.
- Please do not shave or wax within 8 hours of your appointment as the salt water may sting freshly shaven skin.
- Have a light meal or snack but avoid a heavy meal or excess caffeine.
- Even if you have recently showered, we ask that you shower (and remove all make-up) just prior to floating to avoid contamination.
- We recommend covering small cuts or wounds with a liquid band-aid (provided).
- You may float with or without contact lenses. Your choice.
After showering in your own private suite, you will enter the float cabin and settle in. You can choose to float in total darkness and silence or activate light and sound options to enhance your experience. You have total control of the environment at all times. (Learn more about our float cabins.)
Once you lay back in the water, it may take a few moments to adapt to the sensation of weightlessness. Calm, steady breathing will help you relax. Within minutes, your body and mind will begin to let go.
Your experience may be quiet, creative, visual, or something entirely different. Given the space to fully rest, your body and mind will do what they need.
- If floating has inspired insights or creative ideas, you may want to take a few notes immediately after your session. Writing pads are provided for your convenience.
- Rinse with warm water after floating. We recommend using only conditioner after rinsing your hair.
- While we schedule sessions with enough time for you to clean up and gently transition back to the outside world, we do need about 30 minutes to clean each cabin in between appointments. We don’t want you to rush, but we can’t accommodate prolonged primping either. You may relax for as long as you want in the lounge and enjoy complimentary tea or water.
- To maximize the physical and mental benefits of floating, we encourage moving at a slower pace for the rest of the day.
- Drink lots of water and get a good night’s sleep. Then come back and see us whenever you’re ready.